A vocabulary of the most common terms used by soap makers at all levels from beginner to advanced. New terms are added regularly.
Castile soap is made of 100% olive oil. Bastille soap is made of at least 70% olive oil and other oils, fats, or butters in the remaining 30%.
Soda ash is harmless. It may form in curing. Many homesteaders like this rustic patina for an authentic charm, but others prefer glossy soap.
Simple chemistry experiment demonstrates that the white cast called “soda ash” on soap is not soda ash or sodium carbonate.
Barnyard chickens with crests, curly wings, and tufts of feathers on then thighs.
Our first garden after four years of travelling around the world.